THE CREATIVE SELF
CREATE YOUR PERSONAL SELF BRAND
THE CREATIVE SELF is coming to Geneva on the 3rd of February 2018! Lift is proud to present an interactive self branding workshop in partnership with Youri Sawerschel, founder Creative Supply GmbH. The creative self workshop will help participants to create their personal brand to live life on their own terms. It is not about selling yourself, but about attracting the opportunities that correspond to you!
Lift has a history of supporting entrepreneurs and their projects through various programs and initatives and with The Creative Self, we would like to offer a program that focuses on offering a space and tools for personal development. We are pleased to run this program with Youri Sawerschel, a member of our community, who participated at the Lift:Lab 2017 as a branding expert and who is teaching branding in our CAS program with HEAD School in Geneva.
Get your tickets for this exclusive event here or below!
Workshop content and benefits
Is your goal to get a job that makes you happy? Attract investors or business partners? Or bring together different facets of your profile? In any case, a defined personal branding will give you a real edge. You will become clear on your life goals and priorities and will learn how to position yourself accordingly. During this interactive ½ day workshop, you will learn what a personal brand is, how to build yours, and how to communicate it.
By taking part in this workshop, you will:
- Understand how personal branding can help you build your career and/or business and live a meaningful life
- Make the difference between your brand and your job title
- Develop your personal vision, the cornerstone of a personal brand
- Conduct a self-audit to identify your “personal assets”
- Define a personal positioning that is authentic, unique and relevant
- Understand how to use network, content creation and social proof to build your personal brand.
#Copyright4Startups! Ask-me-Anything Workshop
Read more in our news section!
#Copyright4Startups! Ask-me-Anything Workshop
Tuesday, May 9, 2017
16:00 – 18:00 hrs followed by a reception
Location: Spazio HDRA’ – Palazzo Fiano – 1st floor, Piazza San Lorenzo in Lucina, 4 – 00186 Rome
Will the EU Copyright reform screw up your next funding round? Join us for a workshop on the perils of this new reform. Roma Startup and Allied for Startups will help you hack the political black box and our expert on intellectual property and information law will help you understand what’s coming. Be informed so you can understand and assess how the plans might impact your startup. Find out what you can do to change the copyright plans before it’s too late.
What’s at stake? Parts of the EU’s copyright proposal might:
● create higher liability-risk, i.e. making you liable for user content
● force startups to filter all user-generated content, i.e. you have to police your platform
● outlaw text & data mining for startups , i.e. the bigger the data, the bigger the trouble
● Create a neighbouring right for publishers at the expense of startups. i.e. publishers want your money.
Why is this relevant for you? These far-reaching reforms could affect:
● startups using snippets or links, media startups, search engines & news aggregators
● startups conducting data mining & data analytics
● e-commerce, social media or any other platform using user-generated content
What can you do? Getting you a seat at the table.
● Startups aren’t considered in the European Commission’s plans “towards a modern more European copyright
framework”. – Let’s change that!
● These far-reaching reforms might be a game-changer for your business model. Find out how to avoid that.
● Brussels is not a black box. We help you understand and hack policy making to bring an end to shady
16:00 Welcome and Introduction: Gianmarco Carnovale, Roma Startup
16:10 Framing and Introduction of #Copyright4Startups, Lenard Koschwitz
16:20 Deep-dive: Dr. Eleonora Rosati
16:50 Ask-me-anything discussion with entrepreneurs, investors and startup representatives
17:20 Making the case & getting traction in public policy: How can copyright accelerate Italian startups.
“A neighbouring right for news publishers translates directly into financial burden for startups” – Patrick
Bunk CEO Ubermetrics-Technologies, Berlin.
“ The copyright proposals will create an online economy which excludes small and medium media
startups. It´s a proposal which harms the online economy” – Daniel Seijo CEO Meneame, Spain
Sign up via email (), or via the eventbrite (https://www.eventbrite.it/e/biglietti-protecting-ip-while-allowing-startups-in-europe-to-flourish-34106765253)