XR4ALL Open Call
XR4ALL launches an open call to support new XR solutions development
Field: Field: Technology, XR, AR, VR
Interactive technologies such as Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) are set to transform the ways in which people communicate, interact and share information. The XR industry has now reached a stage, following years of research and development, where technology has become commercially viable.
The European XR industry is however fragmented. In this context, XR4ALL aims to address six objectives, in order to support the creation of a thriving European XR community:
- Unite the XR community to increase collaboration;
- Offer access to a common development platform (XR developers platform) to ease XR software components and applications development and sharing. This consists of a wide range of tools to support the development of XR components using a methodology inspired by DevOps. It will also house the XR solutions Catalogue where developers can find or publish software components and applications developed by the XR developers community;
- Launch and manage an open call with 4 cut-off dates to increase XR innovation through funding of research teams to develop new XR solutions;
- Monitor trends, visions and technology developments to create a Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda (SRIA) for interactive technologies;
- Boost the adoption of XR technologies through technology transfer and connections to investors; and
- Carry out efficient dissemination activities to pave the way towards the sustainability of the project.
Apply by the 16th November at http://xr4all.eu/opencall/
Latest Open Calls