BlueInvest Awards 2020 | The Pitch Battle
Twenty of Europe’s top startups and SMEs in the Blue Economy will be selected to pitch on the main stage to a panel of investors for the BlueInvest Awards.
Applicants could gain international media exposure, potential clients and access to investors. Pitches will be live-streamed. The selected teams will receive pitch coaching and feedback from our industry specialists.
BlueInvest is searching for highly innovative, disruptive and next-generation products, solutions and technologies in the Blue Economy. There are also strong opportunities for solutions that promote the circular economy, decarbonisation, address climate change or relate to the sustainable development goals.
Criteria for applicants:
- Must have a working product, technology or solution
- Must be based in the EU or majority-owned by EU nationals
- Must fall within one of the official pitch categories
- Power from the Ocean. Innovative solutions, processes and technologies in the field of ocean renewables and ocean energy.
- Intelligent Ocean. Next generation digital technologies, products and solutions in the field of artificial intelligence, robotics, smart ports, harbours & terminals, remote sensing and navigation.
- Food & Feed from the Ocean. Innovative new food and feed from aquaculture and renewable aquatic biological resources.
- Blue Bioeconomy and Green Solutions. New products, technologies, solutions and processes from renewable aquatic biological resources, including packaging and medical/pharmaceuticals. It shall also cover solutions toward the “greening” of traditional maritime industries, marine litter, circular economy, natural capital/ocean resource management, among others.
How to apply:
Selection results will be sent by email on Monday, 13 January.