Open Call to be part of the Boards for the new Horizon Europe Missions
Open Call for members of Startup Ecosystems to be part of the Boards for the new Horizon Europe Missions. Each Mission will have a budget of 1€ Billion. We have not got candidates from the startup ecosystems. We need YOU!!
Missions are a key novelty of Horizon Europe – the next EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation 2021-2027 (proposed budget €100bn). Missions will consist of portfolios of research and innovation projects at all Technology Readiness Levels, with a clear goal that matters for EU citizens. Mission contents still have to be defined, but examples could be: “A plastic-free ocean by 2030” or “100 carbon-neutral EU cities by 2030”. (see also https://ec.europa.eu/info/
challenges-independent-report- calls-mission-oriented-eu- research-and-innovation-2018- feb-22_en
At the moment, the EU political process has defined five Mission Areas:
2) Adaptation to climate change, including societal transformation;
3) Healthy oceans, seas, coastal and inland waters;
4) Climate-neutral and smart cities;
5) Soil health and food.
Mission boards will advise the European Commission how to define and implement each Mission area. Mission board members will have complementary profiles, covering a wide range of scientific and non-scientific profiles, such as: research and innovation/academia; communication; public health; health policy; healthcare; SMEs; industry; non-governmental organisations; charities; philanthropy; foundations; citizen associations; young and/or experienced innovators; and investors, to mention a few.
The application process is straightforward:
1) Go to the Call for applications for the selection of members of the commission expert groups at this link: http://ec.europa.eu/
2) Read the Call document (pdf), which explains more about missions and mission boards.
3) Send a CV, cover letter (any format), Annex I, II and III to
4) It is possible to apply for more than one mission area, which will increase the chances to be selected (although, an individual can be member of one board only). In that case, we need the applicant to send us Annex II and Annex III for each mission area, as separate documents in the same email.
5) For any question, you can email
The deadline for submission has been extended to June 16,2019 – 12:00Brussels time