Triprebel – voted as winner of Tech All Stars 2015
London, 17 June 2015 – Senior investors from eleven of Europe’s heavyweight Venture Capital firms met at Campus London at midday to hear the 12 Tech All Stars finalists pitch and crown Triprebel, the winner of Tech All Stars 2015.
The competition was dense as can be expected when throwing 12 top graduates from accelerator & incubators into one room under the curious yet critical eyes of top investors. But TripRebel CEO, Carlos Borges, impressed the judges with a convincing pitch about their unconventional hotel booking business that rebels against overpriced hotel rooms at the customer’s highest convenience and preference, taking the trophy and title of “best European startup 2015” awarded by the European Commission.
Triprebel is not the only winner of Tech All Stars. Alongside Triprebel, runners up Winnow and Watly are invited to join the private network of leading digital and technology entrepreneurs and investors at the Founders Forum tomorrow, 18 June 2015. The same three Tech All Stars are then invited to meet the Investors at Capital on Stage and in November, they will take to the stage again at NOAH London to show their progress five months after this enormous investor attention.
The EuropeanPioneers team was also present at Tech All Stars and so impressed with Watly, who intend to provide solutions for providing access to clean water and sanitation, free-energy and connectivity, that they gave them a wild card directly to the EuropeanPioneers selection days where Watly could walk away with up EUR 250,000 of equity free funding. Software pioneers for the visually impaired, Give Vision, will be attending ICT in Lisbon, and lastly, Zoomsquare, the Austrian startup that matches people with homes the smart way walks away as a winner pocketing an exclusive membership at the new German Tech Entrepreneurship Center (GTEC) where they can easily access the German market from this premium connected hub.
The 12 Tech All Stars finalists were chosen by a qualified selection committee from amongst hundreds of applications from around the European Union. On 17th June they participated in a day of intense pitch and term sheet negotiation training to be equipped for what follows Tech All Stars. During a networking dinner yesterday and following the pitches today the Tech All Stars finalists made significant connections with jury and guests from Accel Partners, Index Ventures, Balderton Capital, Forward Partners, DN Capital, White Star Capital, Frontline Ventures, EC1 Capital, Addidi, Connect Ventures, Notion Capital, Earlybird and more.
Tech All Stars
Luisa Maier | Project Lead | firstname.lastname@example.org | +49(0)16094608283
Alec McCullie | Program Manager | email@example.com | +44(0)7940252077
Photos and logos – available for download in our brandfolder
Tech All Stars is part of Startup Europe, the Commission’s plan to accelerate, connect and celebrate local entrepreneurship ecosystems in Europe, so that tech start-ups start and stay in Europe.
The top 12 startups were from the UK, Belgium, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Portugal, and Sweden and besides the top three described above included:
- Descape – connects users with different professionals who become hosts for jobs.
- Harimata – uses touch-based gameplay to detect the early signs of autism in toddlers.
- Watly – provides solutions to some of the fundamental and global human needs.
- Winnow – helps to hospitality industry tackle avoidable food waste.
- Give Vision – develops wearable Computer Vision Technology that enable blind and visually impaired people to read text, recognise faces, objects and places.
- Ingen.io – creates context and surfaces named entities.
- Konnektid – offers peer-to-peer learning experiences.
- Videopath – allows marketers to connect web content to specific moments in a video, driving in-video conversion and engagement.
- M2MGO – offer a profound knowledge of the entire value chain of the M2M market.
- Zoomsquare – matches people with homes.
- Usher U – makes it easy for cinemas to sell empty seats to local consumers.
- Trip Rebel – helps customers get the best hotel room for the lowest price, even after they book.