Why Becoming a partner of Maker Faire Rome – The EU Edition- V
It’s an event created to cater to curious participants, wishing to experience – first-hand – what’s next in every field.
Maker Faire Rome provides a platform to creatives, makers, fablab, SMEs, to display their art or projects and hold solid collaboration with renowned organizations.
Considering that visitors of Maker Faire Rome last year exceeded 100K, it is an apt event to promote any innovation & thus contributing both to our goal as an organization to foster the culture of innovation and to launch any Brand New Product.
Being the watchwords of the Maker Faire Rome: meeting, exchange, training, entertainment and interaction, building and strengthening our partners ‘s company brand through effective visibility is one of the key essentials in our business strategy.
For this reason, MFR partnership proposals are all “Taylor Made”.
To be effective, the partnership with MFR must serve the interest of four constituent groups:
1. It must serve the business interest of the sponsoring company:
- We might offer a slot for your CEO at the Opening Conference or organise a masterclass targeting your preferred audience;
2. It must serve the best interests of the event and its participants:
- We might develop a co-branded “whatever” for all the exhibitors in target; organising a thematic show case or even a game;
3. It must have a positive impact upon the sponsor’s direct consumers or prospects:
- We might run a contest tbd together
4. It must benefit the sponsoring company on innovation topics:
- We might launch a specific Challenge within “The Big Hack”, the hackathon that we run, yearly, 15 days before Maker Faire Rome.
See how to become a partner here
DISCOVER THE 2017 CHALLENGE: Ideation Hackathon Weekend
9-10-11 June 2017
Making customer journeys effortless for the client through co-creation with startups.
When you mix the bold innovation of today’s tech startups with the insights and resources of a forward-thinking banking group, amazing things happen.
BNP Paribas is committed to working side by side with today’s savviest tech entrepreneurs to unlock creativity and apply breakthrough solutions to real-life situations in order to make life easier for our customers.
BNP Paribas Fortis is focusing the hacks of the event around 4 different themes
1. New ways of interacting with clients (B2C)
- Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality
- Integrating our offers in social media & third party platforms
- ROBOT (physical robot focus, not ‘process automation/robotics)
Today, people are used to have what they need on the spot, available in just two clicks. The internet giants have fix a new level playing the field in terms of services and our customers expect the same from their bank. Most of them no longer understand why they should take an afternoon off in order to get an appointment with their banker.
2. Offer new e-services to our Wealth & Private banking clients (B2C)
- Share your investment with Friends
- Facilitate informal investment club
- E-vault & Account aggregation
- New way of visualisation for your portfolio
- Facilitate philanthropic actions
My shopping experience has drastically changed the last few years and I except the same from my private bank. However, except for the basic banking services I need to dedicate a lot of time to manage all the aspects of my finance (investing, credit, searching info, finding opportunities, structure, understand, handling documents….). My time is definitely precious and I would like my bank to facilitate and aggregate all the services around my finance. I also like to be implicated in the opinions of my peers and the trends in the wealth community.
3. Internet of things & Sharing Economy: how will they transform equipment assets/finance? (B2B)
4. Companies simply do only use 10% of their brain
Urban legend or not? Most companies today are looking for ways to unlock the potential in what they know about their clients, markets, businesses… Are there secret patterns to discover and interpret? Which yet to be designed algorithm could support their strategic decisions? How to anonymise company data to the extent that it still remains a friendly and eligible asset? How to responsibly marry a client’s privacy with the exploitation of the valuable information he represents?
A lot of hurdles exist in this rat race to go from prophecy to profit, yet that only makes Data Analytics the most interesting field to innovate. So, join our hackathon and come up with your great ideas, algorithms and methods to exploit the other 90% of our brains.
WHAT MAKES THE BNP PARIBAS INTERNATIONAL HACKATHON SO SPECIAL?
There is simply no opportunity like this for tech entrepreneurs.
The International Hackathon weekend is just the beginning of a close collaborative partnership between talented startups and BNP Paribas.
AN INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION
This international competition brings together 4 business lines and 10 entites from across BNP Paribas’ global footprint to create an experience that is incredible, intense and rewarding. Selected startups participate in a truly international event, as the hackathon will take place simultaneously across 8 cities, spanning from San Francisco to Istanbul. During 48 hours, teams have worked on real-life challenges, in fierce competition, to create game-changing solutions. And that was just the beginning! Winning teams have secured a place in the Digital Bootcamp, where they have access to experts and mentors from BNP Paribas to help accelerate your solution.
A LONG-TERM COMMITMENT WITH BNP PARIBAS & BNP PARIBAS FORTIS
The BNP Paribas International Hackathon aims to be the best event of its kind. Through 4 exciting stages, it first encourages a hothouse of innovation at the Hackathon weekend, then channels the most promising projects through a Digital Bootcamp, followed by Demo day- live in Paris, with BNP Paribas top management – culminating in the selection of a few winners that will be supported during the implementation of their solutions.
June 9-10-11 2017
It all started with an exclusive hackathon event in each of the 8 participating cities connected to each other. Each participating team was invited to focus on pre-identified challenges. They were given privileged access to external experts as well as a unique suite of resources to help them prototype: fresh customer insights, a sandbox API, as well as our top experts ranging from marketing executives to IT architects.
The most promising teams then move on to a Digital Bootcamp where they have their prototypes nurtured. Here, they are being treated to even more resources to take their concept to the next level: financial support and access to a customised support program, including access to our international network of experts and mentors.
After a period of development, teams are flown to Paris for Demo day where executive committee of BNP Paribas’ global footprint will meet them, as well as international FinTech experts, to see their demo in action. This could be their day to hit the big time. The winners at the Demo Day will be given a letter of intent from executive of BNP Paribas and start a new adventure in partnership with BNP Paribas.
Hard work has paid off! Winning teams will benefit from BNP Paribas’ farreaching resources, expertise and support to do something amazing! We will work with them to take their prototype and turn it into a real solution that can change the face of banking by making life easier for our customers.
#Copyright4Startups! Ask-me-Anything Workshop
Read more in our news section!
#Copyright4Startups! Ask-me-Anything Workshop
Tuesday, May 9, 2017
16:00 – 18:00 hrs followed by a reception
Location: Spazio HDRA’ – Palazzo Fiano – 1st floor, Piazza San Lorenzo in Lucina, 4 – 00186 Rome
Will the EU Copyright reform screw up your next funding round? Join us for a workshop on the perils of this new reform. Roma Startup and Allied for Startups will help you hack the political black box and our expert on intellectual property and information law will help you understand what’s coming. Be informed so you can understand and assess how the plans might impact your startup. Find out what you can do to change the copyright plans before it’s too late.
What’s at stake? Parts of the EU’s copyright proposal might:
● create higher liability-risk, i.e. making you liable for user content
● force startups to filter all user-generated content, i.e. you have to police your platform
● outlaw text & data mining for startups , i.e. the bigger the data, the bigger the trouble
● Create a neighbouring right for publishers at the expense of startups. i.e. publishers want your money.
Why is this relevant for you? These far-reaching reforms could affect:
● startups using snippets or links, media startups, search engines & news aggregators
● startups conducting data mining & data analytics
● e-commerce, social media or any other platform using user-generated content
What can you do? Getting you a seat at the table.
● Startups aren’t considered in the European Commission’s plans “towards a modern more European copyright
framework”. – Let’s change that!
● These far-reaching reforms might be a game-changer for your business model. Find out how to avoid that.
● Brussels is not a black box. We help you understand and hack policy making to bring an end to shady
16:00 Welcome and Introduction: Gianmarco Carnovale, Roma Startup
16:10 Framing and Introduction of #Copyright4Startups, Lenard Koschwitz
16:20 Deep-dive: Dr. Eleonora Rosati
16:50 Ask-me-anything discussion with entrepreneurs, investors and startup representatives
17:20 Making the case & getting traction in public policy: How can copyright accelerate Italian startups.
“A neighbouring right for news publishers translates directly into financial burden for startups” – Patrick
Bunk CEO Ubermetrics-Technologies, Berlin.
“ The copyright proposals will create an online economy which excludes small and medium media
startups. It´s a proposal which harms the online economy” – Daniel Seijo CEO Meneame, Spain
Attend National Roadshow BioInItaly Investment Forum with TWIST!
Have the chance to pitch at BioInItaly Investment Forum with Startup Europe project, TWIST project!
One of the partners of TWIST project, Lazio Innova, is a key local partner in Rome of the National Roadshow BioInItaly Investment Forum, the event organized by Assobiotec in collaboration with Intesa Sanpaolo Start-Up Initiative that will take place in Rome next January 18th 2017.
In Rome at each stage of the roadshow, a jury of experts will select the Best Presentation in Healthcare Biotech / Biomedical.
The projects and / or start-ups that will be awarded have the opportunity to enter the boot-camp that will be held in Milan at the headquarters of Fondazione Filarete- Intesa San Paolo on 27 and 28 February and will pitch at the BioInItaly Investment Forum & Intesa Sanpaolo Start-Up Initiative 29 and 30 March 2017 in Milan .
Applicants wishing to take part in this initiative must meet the following requirements:
• Contestants must present a company or project that fits within the target biotech and nanobiotech tracks of Red Biotech and Green & White Biotech. It is not required for the applicants’ project to refer to an incorporated company.
• International applications are welcome – please be aware that at least 50% of the projects admitted to Phase 2 must be Italian or planning to open up a main office in Italy within 2017.
• Contestants must indicate their fund raising objectives and financial needs (the typical equity ask range for our investment forums is between € 200K and € 3M)
• Participants from previous editions will be considered only if they can demonstrate a significant evolution in their business plan or market validation.
“Fake it until you make it” – Validating your ideas with MVP
On October 14th LUISS ENLABS will host a TWIST DIGITAL & STARTUP EUROPE event:
“Fake it until you make it” – Validating your ideas with MVP
There is a saying among the “Lean Startup” people: “Yes” means no. “Here’s 10$” means yes. But how to get there without going all-in on your assumptions? From a super lean product pitch to a crowdfunding campaign, we’ll run through a vast selection of possible Minimum Viable Products to test your hypothesis.
About Luca Barboni
Social Media Geek, Lean Startup Mentor, founder & Growth Hacker @ Growth Hound. Passionate about data and innovation. Firm believer in “Marketing is too important to be left to the marketing department” – by Packard.”
Live streaming link: http://live.bemyguru.it/
‘Startup on Stage’ Twist bootcamp in Rome!
Join us in Rome for the dedicated bootcamp for startups in the life science sector! The ‘Meet in Italy for Life Science and StartUp Europe’ bootcamp by TWIST will help boost your startup worldwide!
The event will take place in Rome, 25th-26th October 2016.
Don’t forget to register until 31st August ! We’ll be waiting for you!
If you are a startup working in:
- Medical devices
- ICT for health and well-being
Startup On Stage by TWIST and Startup Europe is the place to accelerate your business. During these two days, you will attend workshops with experts; meet specific investors and companies coming from everywhere in Europe. If you want to optimize your business model, have access to new markets/clients/ partners and try to raise the right investment, register and submit your application.
Download the Event Presentation
APPLY NOW TO BOOST YOUR VENTURE!
REGISTER HERE BEFORE 31st AUGUST.
For info: Valentina Diana at firstname.lastname@example.org
For IT: AlessiaMelaseccheat email@example.com