Call for Application
Who we are
Scale EUp² is an Acceleration Program, financed under the Horizon 2020 framework, committed to help Deep Tech startup accelerate their development and scale up at European level. Steinbeis 2i GmbH is one out of 8 partners in this program (find out more).
Scale EUp² is led by 4 innovation hubs from Germany, France, Austria and Spain, working together to identify high potential Deep Tech startups.
The Scale EUp² Program aims to support European Deep Tech startups to:
- Accelerate growth
- Cooperate with major European corporates
- Raise funds from European investors
- Attract public funding for their innovation and R&D projects
- Attract talents, reinforce their skills and strategy
- Get higher visibility
Deeptech4Good#Paris is the first business event of the Scale EUp² Acceleration Program and will take place on July 11th 2018 in Paris City Hall. The four winners of this event will have the opportunity to have access to this 2 year Acceleration Program.
Why apply to Deeptech4good#Paris?
You are a Deep Tech startup developing disruptive technologies targeting one or several of the above markets?
Become one of the 20 finalists of the Deeptech4good#Paris event:
- Pitch your project, meet European VCs and attract private funding,
- Meet corporate players and create business opportunities,
- Participate to collaborative projects emergence and attract public funding for innovation and R&D projects
- Participate to the Scale EUp² Program if you are among the 4 final winners
Closing of application: March 30th
Announcement of the 20 finalists: April 23rd
Date of the event: July 11th // Venue: Paris City Hall
- Value proposition
- Disruptiveness of the technology
- The quality of the team
- The economic potential of the technology
Background Information on the event Deeptech4good#Paris
The event is composed of 3 main parts which will be organized throughout the project:
- fundraising pitch: 5 start-ups selected by the investors’ board in each of the 4 categories will pitch their project in front of the audience and get feedback from the investors,
- a matchmaking event with corporate players will focus on providing start-up market access,
- an open innovation workshop, relying on the needs of the targeted markets and on the results of the value chain analysis, will be organized to facilitate the emergence of collaboration projects between the different stakeholders.
Startup Europe Comes to Silicon Valley
SEC2SV 2016 kicked off with the flagship pan-European event in Silicon Valley, European Innovation Day on Sep 12th, with Tim Draper addressing 500 entrepreneurs, professionals, and EU policy makers – and closed with an intimate invite only ceremony, on Sep 20th, led by Elżbieta Bieńkowska, EU commissioner for Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs.
Past participants included: The best 15 EU scaleups expanding to the US; Betsy Masiello, Head of public Policy @ Uber; Günther H. Oettinger, EU Commissioner for Budget and Human Resources; Julie Hanna, US Presidential Ambassador for Global Entrepreneurship; Francisco de la Torre Prados, Mayor of Malaga, Spain; and Henry Chesbrough, the Father of Open Innovation.
SEC2SV 2017 maintains the above trend, and goes a step further by taking an intricate look at the EU corporate innovation outpost environment in Silicon Valley. Where are they from? When were they established? How can you partner with them and let them help you succeed?
Other notable inclusions in 2017:
- An invitation to EU Commissioner for Research Science and Innovation, Carlos Moedas
A dive into EU’s dominance on hot topics:
- Industry 4.0 – From manufacturing to automation
- Augmented Reality, AR / Virtual Reality, VR
- Artificial Intelligence, AI
- Privacy and Data storage/transfer
Find more info on: SEC2SV 2017