Armenian startups invited to apply for Startup Olé, April 26-27, Spain, by 15th March
Calling Armenian startups! Apply by 15 March to go to Startup Olé in Spain
The Armenian tech and startup ecosystem made a thriving development during the last years. In IT sphere alone, more than 12,000 people work in 450 companies and in relevant support structures. Traditionally, there are strong ties between Armenian startups and the US and Silicon Valley. Now the Armenia startup ecosystem also reaches out to Europe more actively. This is conditioned by the fact that Armenia used to be an “engineering hub” during Soviet era, where over 30% of all the military electronics, R&D and production took place.
Currently, Armenia boasts top-notch technical expertise incorporated in promising startups which can open new opportunities for European partners.
“In this regard, Startup Europe is proud to partner with “Support to SME Development in Armenia” (SMEDA) project in cooperation with Enterprise Incubator Foundation (EIF) and Small and Medium Entrepreneurship Development National Center (SMEDNC) of Armenia to support participation of 10 Armenian startups in Startup Ole Conference. The full announcement can be downloaded here.
SMEDA is co-funded by the European Union and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by GIZ Private Sector Development in South Caucasus Programme. SMEDA is part of the EU4Business and EU4Innovation initiatives of the European Union.
More information about startups in Armenia can be found here: www.eif.am
SEA2Y – Startup Europe final conference
Startup Europe – Discover it’s impact and learn about future initiatives
Startup Europe is holding its final conference in Belgium in February 2017.
- Learn about what we know about the European startup ecosystems
- Discover what we have achieved with Startup Europe projects
- Understand the progress on startup and scaleup policies
- Engage with future projects and plans
- Connect with the Startup Europe network
Morning: Startup Europe Data + Impact
13:00 – 14:00 Lunch break
Afternoon: Future: Horizon 2020 ICT32 call & Networking
More information: EventBrite
Tata, Enabling Youth Entrepreneurship Across Europe
- How does your local university support the startup ecosystem? How involved are they?
- Could institutions do more to integrate with their local startup scene?
- How can startups and entrepreneurs better support and work with universities to help foster Student Entrepreneur’s ambitions?
- How can we achieve all of this?
NACUE, one of the partners of MY-WAY project, invites you to an evening panel discussion on 12th January 2017, which aims to bring together parliamentarians, entrepreneurs and industry experts to explore what can be done to improve the startup ecosystem across Europe, in order for the next generation of entrepreneurs to succeed.
The panel discussion will include topics such as the role of universities in the startup ecosystem, startup support available for Europe’s next generation and the key themes in building a sustainable ecosystem of support.
Panelists will include:
- Anne-Wil Lucas, Startup Delta
- Michel Arends, CEO of Team Academy
- Ellen Bark-Lindhout, Founder of Collider
- Aster van Laere, Co Founder of Blend: Disruptive Consulting
- The panel will be chaired by Timothy Barnes, Founder of The RainGods.
The evening will also invite student entrepreneurs to give elevator pitches, with the winner being voted by the audience and winning a prize from Tata.
They want this event to help start important conversations about where the support system for student entrepreneurs can go next and hope that you can join them!
For more information and to book your place, please visit: http://bit.ly/TataYE17
STARTUP EUROPE – TWIST – Time sure flies when you’re always innovating!
Wow! Has it been 2 years already? When you work with innovative technologies and when you’re constantly surrounded by creative minds, time goes by in a heartbeat. It’s those people who can’t think about anything else except finding the next best thing which will change our lives for the better that make technology, our economy and the whole world go round and round.
STARTUP EUROPE and TWIST have been at the forefront of technological innovation and entrepreneurship in Europe for the past 2 years and we loved every bit of the process!
With over 72 meetups, 3 bootcamps on life science, cybersecurity and key enabling technologies, 27 e-pitches with investors and with more than 2.500 participants to our initiatives and events, TWIST has managed to bring together the key players on the European startup scene.
Partnering with Microsoft, Adecco, Meet In Italy for Life Science, Tech-Tour, International Cybersecurity Forum, CISCO, Android and PSA, we have managed to bring our startups in contact with the most valuable resources available today. Experience mentors and experts from different industries have met up with our startups and entrepreneurs in our joint efforts to boost Europe’s startup ecosystem into achieving amazing results.
After 2 incredible years of working with some of the most talented startups and entrepreneurs in Europe and worldwide, we can easily say that the future of technological innovation is close. Real close. It’s here!
Startup Europe Partnership, 3 years later.
Startup Europe Partnership: Highlights
Established by the European Commission in January 2014 at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Startup Europe Partnership (SEP) is the first pan-European platform dedicated to transforming European startups into scaleups by linking them with global corporates.
SEP is led by Mind the Bridge, an organization based in Italy and United States, with the support of Nesta (the UK’s innovation foundation), Factory (an acceleration program and campus for tech companies of any stage, originating from Berlin), and Bisite Accelerator (Madrid/Salamanca).
In the past two years a lot has been done by SEP to promote startup-corporate collaboration in Europe and support the scale-up of the European ecosystem. Let’s see how.
- Matching: 18 Matching Events organized with 593 private 1:1 pre-arranged and qualified meetings between startups and corporates. Of them, 328 (64%) are cross-border, meaning involving corporates and startups of different nationalities. 12 deals closed, €2.5M+ of new business generated, €450M+ ofnew capital raised post matching, 2 exits and 1 active acquisition.
- Startup Scouting and Filtering: 898 startups from 18 different countries presented to 43corporates.
- Mapping: 16 SEP Monitors published presenting data about scaleups and exits in Europe and showcasing the most fast growing startups from various ecosystems
- Meet-ups: 2Startup Europe Summit (SES)pan-Europeanconferences organized in Berlin and 2 European Innovation Day (EID) international conferences organized in Mountain View. 4 EU Commissioners, 100+ speakers, 900+ peopleattending.
- Sharing: startup-corporate collaboration reports has been view 7,000+ times and 4,500+ copies has been handed out.
- Best practices: published 2 Nesta reports, Winning Together and Scaling Together, used by Virgin Startups, ABInBev, Sky and many other corporations to inspire their innovation strategy and collaborate effectively with startups.
- 25 Corporate Startups Stars: launched the European ranking of top ‘startup-friendly’ corporates. Check out the winners’ list here.
- Over 100 investors joined SEP Investors Forum: 1 meet-up in Brussels and 2 in Berlin to stimulate the conversationbetween European and international Investors with the European Commission and the European Investment Fund. Among the outcomes, 1 policy report published collecting the main recommendations.
- Connecting Europe to the U.S.: organized 2 editions of Startup Europe Comes to Silicon Valley (SEC2SV), exposing 28 scaleups in the Bay Area.
- 1250+ media outcomes, including The Financial Times, USA Today, Forbes, El País.
Great concrete results. Though, the best part is still ahead of us.
WeHubs is the first European network for women web entrepreneurs!
WeHubs is the first European network for women web entrepreneurs powered by StartUp Europe Initiative! After 2 successful years, WeHubs project is coming to an end.
But, not the end of our community!
These 2 years we managed to reach:
More than 500 Women Entrepreneurs
More than 400Business Support Organisations
More than 30Women Associations + their local networks
8success stories + all those from the community
And our network keeps on growing each day. With 12nodes around Europe and 7 more in the making right now, WeHubs is THE European Community of digital female entrepreneurship supporters across Europe and beyond.
Come and join our network today and help us promote female entrepreneurship in Europe!
This is just the beginning of a new era for women web entrepreneurship!
We are happy to inform you that WeHubs has been extended to seven new Hubs. WeHubs network will continue with its online community dedicated to female entrepreneurship and we’ll keep on sharing useful insights about our e-mentoring. You can check online our latest materials including the WeHubs scorecard to assess your services.
A new year, a new start!
Wish you a successful and glorious new year!
Startup is My Way
A day filled with exciting activities, inspiring speakers and a job fair for your skills. Sounds like fun?
Join us in Treviso, the next global entrepreneurship hub and begin your entrepreneurial journey.
In this one day action packed event we bring together experienced startup leaders and speakers from across Europe to share their inspiring stories.
The event will also host fun filled, exciting and practical workshops and panel discussions.
Startup is MY WAY will serve as a unique opportunity and meeting point for young entrepreneurs and students willing to launch their business to meet investors, mentors and other key players of the European startup ecosystem, network with peers, and learn new skills to pursue their dream.
Come to take part of the European web entrepreneurship ecosystem. Our event is for free, so don’t hesitate and join us!
Book you FREE ticket here https://www.eventbrite.it/e/startup-is-my-way-tickets-29372448785
Stay tuned for more info and surprises ✨
Join Startup Europe project TWIST for 2 free webinars in December!
Startup Europe project TWIST has organised for 2 free ePitch webinars for 12th and 13th December!
Check out these fantastic free webinars below, you can’t miss them!
- TWIST Digital ePitch Training
Mon, Dec 12, 2016
4:00 PM – 5:00 PM CETPlease join the event from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- TWIST Digital Webinar “Company Valuation”
Tue, Dec 13, 2016
4:00 PM – 5:00 PM CETPlease join the event from your computer, tablet or smartphone.