Startup Europe Summit 2016
Founders, Policy Makers and Tech Giants Convene in Berlin to Support Innovation in Europe:
To learn more about the Startup Europe Summit please email firstname.lastname@example.org
● Startup Europe Summit 2016 will be held June 9-10 in Berlin. This is the second edition of Europe’s foremost technology policy conference for startups. Tickets are free for startups via www.startupeuropesummit.com
● Key influencers such as Travis Kalanick, Neelie Kroes, Commissioner Oettinger, Commissioner Moedas and President Markkula are joining European entrepreneurs, venture capitalists and international tech giants for a discussion on the European innovation economy.
● Startup Europe, Factory and Uber partner to announce the best ideas from Uber’s pan-European UberPITCH initiative on June 9th at the Summit.
● Facebook supports SpaceHack, the SES16 Hackathon looking for tech-solutions to make living conditions better for Refugees. Winners will present on Main Stage at the Summit.
● The German Marshall Fund and Factory partner to launch their whitepaper draft on policy challenges for entrepreneurs at the local and European level, based on fieldwork from a 5 city roadshow across Europe.
● Commissioner Moedas to join on June 10th for the launch of the Portuguese Startup Manifesto
● Our schedule is now available for download via startupeuropesummit.com.
Berlin, Germany, 4 June 2016 - On June 9-10, 2016 the European tech community is gathering to meet key decision makers from the European Commission and other international governments to discuss the challenges and successes of technology and policy in Europe. The Startup Europe Summit (SES) looks to create a dialogue about local trends, economic developments, and hear from entrepreneurs and investors in order to support policy makers to develop a regulatory environment that can support the growth of startups and young innovative companies.
The first edition of the Summit in early 2015 brought Commissioner Ansip and Commissioner Oettinger to Berlin in their first 100 days in office, and this year’s SES will again host Commissioner Oettinger as well as Carlos Moedas, Commissioner for Research, Science, Innovation. Additionally key influencers such as President Markkula of the Committee of Regions and Rudy Giuliani will join alongside Europe’s top entrepreneurs, venture capitalists and international tech giants, to discuss what European regulators should prioritize to encourage its innovation economy to flourish.
“We are excited to bring these two different worlds together. Startups and tech companies, the driving force behind today’s economy, have a quiet voice in Brussels. We built this event to allow our friends and colleagues to speak out.”said Simon Schaefer, Founder of Factory.
June 9-10 will host two full days packed with content focusing on the latest startup and policy trends in Europe. Key highlights of this year’s program include the kickoff of the conference on June 9th, with a Fireside Chat with Commissioner Gunther Oettinger followed by a special announcement from Uber CEO Travis Kalanick, revealing the best ideas from the tech company’s pan-European UberPITCH initiative.
With the unique mix of policy makers, entrepreneurs and international tech companies joining, conversations on stage will be matched with closed-door sessions – all boiling down what the Summit’s audience believes the Commission should prioritize in order to make business easier for startups in Europe.
With support from a wide range of sponsors and supporters, the Startup Europe Summit is able to provide tickets free of cost for startups for this year’s event. 800 guests will be joining the conversation in Berlin, adding to the strong voice of key founders and venture capitalists already speaking across the two days.
For more information please visit www.startupeuropesummit.com
The SES16 Press Kit can be found here.
What is the Startup Europe Summit?
SES16 addresses the key technological and policy issues that impact the business arena for startups, mature tech companies and the established industry alike. In the build up to SES16 we create local events in Amsterdam, Dublin Lisbon, Madrid, Milan and Warsaw, to get a local perspective on the the frameworks regulating startups that will be addressed at SES16. During the main event in Berlin, with multiple stages and private meetings, we will produce results and form a joint opinion of the European tech ecosystem.
For more information visit www.startupeuropesummit.com or #SES16
What is Factory?
Factory is building a network of spaces to support entrepreneurs and foster innovation. The concept uniquely combines the potential of digital innovation with the advantages of real estate. We bring together best-in-class startups with international tech companies and local heroes, creating the ideal platform for organic growth, collaboration and serendipity to occur in one place. Factory initiated in Berlin and is now building homes for startup communities around the world.
For more information visit www.factory.co or twitter.com/factory
What is Startup Europe?
Startup Europe is the European Commission action plan to strengthen the business environment for web and ICT entrepreneurs in Europe and contributing to innovation, growth and jobs. Startup Europe activities aim at encouraging entrepreneurship and improving framework conditions for tech startups in Europe.
For more information visit www.startupeurope.eu or twitter.com/startupeu