Many global initiatives have been created to celebrate entrepreneurship. Typically, such events follow the Silicon Valley format (keynote motivational speeches, networking sessions, etc).
But Europe is different and requires something more when it comes to starting a business. Regional diversity and local policy making play a big role in shaping European startups. European regions are key players, from helping entrepreneurs to incorporate a company, to providing grants or taxes breaks. That is why we think it is critical to include the regions in this conversation. And that is exactly why we created the Startup Europe Week.
From 1st to 5th February 2016, SEW partners all over Europe will present the projects sponsored by Startup Europe and all other relevant initiatives being developed in regional ecosystems. Entrepreneurs will have the chance to meet Startup Europe project leaders as well as some of the most relevant people supporting entrepreneurs in your region.
During one week, the Startup Europe Week will unite all european regions to help entrepreneurs make a difference and turn Europe in a better place to start and grow a business.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
The SEW will be an awesome opportunity for you to learn about resources already available for you in your region and at the European Level.
We are still working on the SEW agendas in each city but here is a snapshot of what will be there for you!
– Information sessions on local specific actions currently developed by your local authority to support entrepreneurs (i.e. grants, tax breaks, office space, funding etc.).
– Regional authorities will come to speak with you and make sure which current initiatives can benefit you and your startup.
– Information sessions about Startup Europe projects and European Commission funds available for startups.
– Office hours and workshops with regional representatives to guide entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs on topics in which they can help (i.e. how to incorporate a company, how to apply for a cohesion grant etc.).
– Great talks with local entrepreneurs and investors on how they smartly used the resources provided by the local authority to create or improve their businesses.
And regarding the format, all SEW events will:
– Focus on regions: what local / regional authorities or “ecosystem players” can do for entrepreneurs locally.
– Have local support / hands-on approach: every event, talk will be pragmatic. For example, offering “insider” tips to access a local grants, local support, office space etc.
– Meetup format and network-driven: events with a total duration of 1h30-2h focusing on putting local ecosystem players in contact with local entrepreneurs.
– Showcase Startup Europe initiatives: as an additional aspect, the events will inform entrepreneurs about the various opportunities for entrepreneurs to get additional funding / sponsorship or endorsement by Startup Europe / European Commission.
Our goal is to bring together as many regions as possible. To help us on this venture, we will have the valuable support from Startup Europe and the EU Committee of the Regions.
But to make sure we will bring on stage the most relevant people that will make a difference for entrepreneurs during the week we will need hundreds of “SEW ambassadors” all over Europe. The ambassadors are key to make the SEW a success.
As an ambassador, your main job is to recruit the best local authorities, organize and promote the relevant events in your city/region.
The benefits for being an ambassador are:
– High-level exposure and contact with local authorities and the European Commission.
– Official endorsement for your events by the Startup Europe / European Commission team.
– Being named as an official SEW ambassador, having your profile featured at the SEW website and all social channels.
– Support from the SEW team in promoting your event Europe wide. Your local event details will be featured in the SEW web as well as promoted by all Startup Europe projects.
– Access to all pre-designed marketing material created by the SEW organizing team to help you recruit participants, organize and promote your local events.
Motivated to be the leading SEW ambassador in your region?