European Innovation Day – Where Europe meets Silicon Valley
Central event of the SEC2SV Week (9-15 of September), EID-European Innovation Day is a thought-provoking, inspiring conference at Computer History Museum (almost 700 attendees registered in the 2017 edition) that brings together the current/future EU Unicorns and EU policy makers to meet the Silicon Valley digital economy stakeholders.
The SEC2SV Week will continue with follow-up meetings and parallel agenda for the different stakeholders. Silicon Valley counterparts for the meetings/events usually include government officials, senior execs from Facebook, Google, Uber, Airbnb, GE, representatives from the investors (Andreessen Horowitz, Felicis, Greylock, Social Capital, SoftechVC, USV, Y Combinator, RocketSpace, 500 Startups) and academic (Stanford, Berkeley, Singularity University) community.
Hot topics of 2018 edition will include:
- GDPR: Privacy and Data Storage/Transfer
- ICOs (Initial Coin Offerings) and its and CryptoCurrencies Regulations
- European Economy of Innovation in Silicon Valley
- Startup M&A
First confirmed speakers unveiled:
- Peter Arvai, CEO and co-founder, Prezi
- Pēteris Zilgalvis, Head of unit, DG Connect, European Commission
- Kristin Schreiber, Director COSME programme, DG Grow, European Commission
- Tim Draper, partner, Draper Associates
- Sorin Moisa, MEP, European Parliament
- Adam Sterling, executive director of the Berkeley Center for law and business
- Sabrina Ross, international privacy and security expert
- Martin Rauchbauer, co-director, Open Austria
- Georg Fuerlinger, co-director, Open Austria
Looking for the next Unicorns!
Top European scaleups aiming at expanding operations to the US market will be selected to join the event.
Minimum requirements to be considered as a Scaleup:
- to have at least 10 employees as of 3 years ago in the last 3 years
- to be growing more than 20% year-over-year in revenue, employees, or user-base.