Pitching contest at Startup Europe Summit
We’re looking for 25 companies that have raised already seed or series A funding to join us at Startup Europe Summit, 21st-22nd March.
What we offer to the applicants with seed funding:
- Exhibition possibility
- Travel (economy) and accomodation (2-3 nights) costs will be covered for one representative from your country to Cluj-Napoca.
What we offer for the Series A companies:
- Possibility to pitch in front of an expert jury. The selected entries will have about 10 minutes to pitch, followed by a Q&A session. All pitching participants will be rewarded with access to top investors – something that can really mark a milestone in your entrepreneurial life! The companies the jury members represent are: AXON, Early Game Ventures, Index and Atomico. More details will follow.
- Travel (economy) and accomodation (2-3 nights) costs will be covered for one representative from your country to Cluj-Napoca.
How to apply?
- We welcome applications from Poland, Bulgaria, Hungary, Romania, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Slovakia and Croatia.
- all verticals are accepted
- send your pitch deck to firstname.lastname@example.org
- in the body of the email, tell us:
- why you’d like us to attend,
- what your expectations are,
- your vertical,
- contact details of the person who would be attending the event (name, surname, position, email, telephone);
- Subject: SES19
Apply by 4th March
What is Startup Europe Summit?
Startup Europe Summit is an event that brings together the leading players in technology entrepreneurship and innovation. This year, the summit will take place in Cluj-Napoca, Romania in light of the Romanian Presidency of the Council of the European Union. At the Summit you will be able to join thematic workshops, network with venture capitalists, engage with policy makers and learn how to grow your business abroad.
Startup Europe Summit draft agenda.
MY-GATEWAY EMBRACES THE NEW YEAR WITH A GOLDEN TICKET TO STARTUP OLÉ.
What did you write in your New Year’s resolutions list?
Did you wish for happiness, travelling to a Western European country, attending startup events, meeting new investors..? If this is the case, I’m thrilled to announce that Startup Olé is looking for 15 CEE startups to join the event! Yes, you read it well: 15 startups!
MY-GATEWAY will help detect those Central and Eastern European startups that will benefit the most from attending the Spanish event, making sure startups are well aware of the opportunities they can be catered for. The target of our contest are startups based either in Romania, Czech Republic and Slovenia.
Those startups will need to really convince and tell us why they think Startup Olé can help them out boost their business growth, and, of course, send us a pitch deck. Attending Startup Olé can be a truly enriching experience… as you long as you prepare well for it! By using the Startup Olé app, you can gain access to investors, corporates, mentors and set up meetings with our fellow attendees.
To make sure you stand out as you deserve, you’ll be provided with a whole stand to show your product and sell it to your target, so do come prepared with merchandising and flyers that can help you achieve your objectives! And…did I already say that travel and accommodation costs are included for one representative of your team? We really don’t want the distance, and its costs, to be a problem. That’s why travel and subsistence expenses are entirely covered by us.
Last but not least, some of the startups which will go through our selection process will also gain the possibility to join the PITCHING competition.
What do YOU need to do?
In order to be eligible for this contest you’ll have to do the following:
send your pitch deck to email@example.com
in the body of the email, tell us:
why you’d like us to attend,
what your expectations are,
contact details of the person who would be attending the event (name, surname, email, telephone);
on social media, share/retweet a message in which you saw the open call promoted (in your email, we’d like to see the link to your publication or a screenshot)
Deadline for applications: 4th of February 2019
What is Startup Olé?
Startup Olé 2019 will take place in Salamanca (Spain) from 26-29 of March and it will gather +30.000 attendees from 120 countries; +850 startups, scaleups and spin-offs; +500 speakers; +250 corporates and investors with an investment portfolio of over €50k M. Our fifth edition will be the biggest so far and we are working hard to make this an event that you will never forget, so do not wait any longer and join the family!
What is MY-GATEWAY?
MY-GATEWAY is an initiative of Startup Europe that aims to strengthen the capacities of high-tech start-ups and innovative SMEs in the CEE region to become better connected, gain higher market exposure, and have improved, streamlined access to funding opportunities and talents.
Next call for Applications open now: #DeepTech4Good Graz
The 3rd event of the DeepTech4Good Acceleration Programme is coming soon!
Get ready to conquer Europe and apply for the next event of the DT4G Acceleration Programme
You are a high-potential startup, go in search of funding and be one of the programme’s winning startups.
Date and venue: 26th of March, 2019. Messecongress Graz, Messeplatz 1, 8010 Graz – Austria.
Categories: Smart City, Smart Mobility, Smart Health & Well-being, Industry 4.0
Discover the programme details:
DeepTech4Good (DT4G) is an Acceleration Programme, financed under the Horizon 2020 framework, committed to help DeepTech Startups accelerate their development and scale up at European level.
DT4G is led by 4 innovation hubs from Germany, France, Austria and Spain, working together to identify high potential DeepTech Startups.
The DT4G Programme aims to support European DeepTech Startups to:
- Accelerate growth
- Cooperate with major European corporates
- Raise funds from European investors
- Attract public funding for their innovation and R&D projects
- Attract talents, reinforce their skills and strategy
- Get higher visibility
Become one of the finalists of the DeepTech4good events:
- Pitch your project, meet European VCs and attract private funding
- Meet corporate players and create business opportunities
- Participate to collaborative projects emergence and attract public funding for innovation and R&D projects
- Participate to the DT4G Programme, if you are among the 4 final winners
Silicon Alps Cluster GmbH
Mobile: +43 664 3437753
The 2019 Young Transatlantic Innovation Leaders Initiative Looks For Young European Entrepreneurs For it’s Next Fellowship
Launched in 2016, the Young Transatlantic Innovative Leaders Initiative Fellowship is the flagship program of the Young Transatlantic Innovation Leaders Initiative (YTILI) of the US Department of State and is supported in its implementation by The German Marshall Fund of the United States (GMF).
YTILI empowers young European entrepreneurs and innovators with the tools, networks, and resources they need to grow their enterprises and contribute more fully to economic development and job creation, security, and good governance in the region. YTILI is also a vehicle for building a transatlantic network of innovators that can contribute to on an ongoing policy dialogue that strengthens the transatlantic relationship.
In 2019, the YTILI Fellowship will engage young European entrepreneurs in a series of professional development and leadership activities that are designed to support the growth and development of commercial and social business ventures in their home communities. The fellowship includes an Opening Summit in Europe, a week-long experience in a U.S. host city, a Closing Conference in Washington, DC, and online engagement-training opportunities. The 2019 YTILI Fellowship year runs from April 1, 2019 to October 31, 2019 with U.S. travel components planned for September 2019. A detailed overview of the program elements, participation requirements, and expectations is available below in the Resources Section of our site.
- Gain professional experience, skills, and connections valuable to enhancing your business or social venture;
- Connect with a dynamic group of experts and mentors in the United States and Europe;
- Expand your professional network and develop relationships with peers and counterparts on both sides of the Atlantic;
- Explore the policy context, financial landscape, and networks of U.S. entrepreneurial ecosystems;
- Join a growing network of dynamic European entrepreneurs committed to enhancing the transatlantic relationship and contributing to the growth of entrepreneurial ecosystems in their home communities.
See what past YTILI Fellows have to say:
“Being part of the YTILI was one of the best experiences I have ever had in my life… [The kickoff event in Lisbon] gave everybody an opportunity to know each other. All of the mentors, all of the entrepreneurs came around from all over the world and they built a network, they built a relationship… When we came to the US, [we all were] very close friends, we were all supportive of each other… I’m pretty sure this is going to continue all the way for years to go.”
– Morteza Ghorbani Eftekhar (Denmark), 2018 YTILI Fellow
“Being part of YTILI was motivation to move forward by exploring different markets. On a personal level, YTILI showed me the bigger picture, and business-wise it was a lesson on what innovation truly means.”
– Zoran Nasteski (Macedonia), 2017 YTILI Fellow
“The YTILI program and experience has been quite transformative for us… It has given us a completely different perspective on what the future should look like, could look like… I’ve been challenged to think big and think globally!”
– Elina Naydenova (United Kingdom), 2018 YTILI Fellow
“YTILI taught me to be courageous, encouraged me to follow my dreams, and in the end, even if I fail, I will simply be a wiser entrepreneur and a more experienced leader.”
– Christina Athanasopoulou (Finland), 2017 YTILI Fellow
“This was a really unique experience in terms of pitching experience, learning from peers, learning from mentors, visiting lots of places and learning about the ecosystem [here]… In a very short time…I learned a lot. ”
–Farrukh Aliyev (Azerbaijan), 2018 YTILI Fellow
“It was very inspiring to meet other entrepreneurs and see what they were doing. After coming back from YTILI I made a lot of changes to how my company was run, being able to focus on my startup from a wider angle.”
–Paola Belingheri (Italy), 2017 YTILI Fellow
The 2019 YTILI Fellowship year will commence on April 1, 2019 and conclude on October 31, 2019. The cohort of fellows will engage in a robust program of in-person and virtual engagement during this time, including travel to the United States, which is the centerpiece of the fellowship experience. The full 2019 YTILI cohort will be connected virtually in pre-departure activities, an online platform, and at the opening summit in The Netherlands. Additional pre-departure and post-fellowship activities may be offered by individual U.S. embassies and consulates in the fellows’ current countries of residence. The following section outlines the main elements of the YTILI fellowship administered by GMF and its partners.
- Orientation Webinar: All fellows will be required to participate in an orientation webinar to review the expectations of the program, launch the online platform, and begin the process of building a unified YTILI cohort. (Online; April 2019)
- Opening European Summit: From June 1-6, 2019, YTILI Fellows will convene in Europe for an Opening Summit where they will meet their U.S. mentor teams and plan for their fellowship experience. Programming will also include additional professional development, networking, and peer-to-peer learning. U.S. and European experts in entrepreneurship and innovation will participate in the summit. The summit will be an opportunity for the fellows to prepare for the U.S. immersive experience, set goals for their fellowship year, and network across the full cohort of fellows. Departures will be scheduled for June 6. Additional details on the agenda will be shared throughout the fellowship year. (The Netherlands; June 1-6, 2019)
- One-Week Immersive U.S. Experience: Fellows will be sent to selected U.S. cities with established or emerging entrepreneurial ecosystems for a one-week (7 business day) experience. During this period, fellows are expected to: (1) participate in activities outlined by the local mentor teams, which will vary by city, but may include individual appointments and/or events set up by the fellow, business advising with mentors, and group cultural activities; (2) explore the entrepreneurial ecosystem of the U.S. city to understand the policy context, institutional and financial landscape, and local networks that support innovation; (3) complete a revised pitch presentation and reflections of U.S. experience blog post. (September 7-14, 2019)
- Washington, DC, Program: Fellows will conclude their experience in the United States with a program in Washington, DC. This concluding program will focus on three elements: (1) building the YTILI cohort and peer learning exchange; (2) networking with top U.S. government officials, as well as, global public, private, and non-profit leaders; (3) engaging in a transatlantic dialogue around issues of entrepreneurship and innovation. (Washington, DC; September 15-18, 2019)
- Online Platform: As part of the fellowship experience, GMF and U.S. Department of State will offer an online platform for internal exchange and knowledge sharing. The platform will also provide an opportunity for additional training and skills development that complement the U.S. experience. (Online; Fellowship Year)
- Additional Activities: Fellows and a mentor may jointly apply for a Transatlantic Dialogue (TAD) mini-grant to support travel and exchange after the U.S. experience in the fellow’s home city. A limit number of TAD and other programs offered by U.S. missions abroad (conferences, alumni events and regional programs) may also be available to fellows in good standing. Additional information on these activities will be provided at the start of the program. (Various; Fellowship Year)
A detailed overview of the program elements, participation requirements, and expectations is available on the GMF YTILI webpage: http://www.gmfus.org/ytili-fellowship
Registration for DeepTech4Good#Stuttgart now open!
Join this unique day dedicated to Deeptech and meet high potential startups on 4 markets:
Smart City | Smart Mobility | Industry 4.0 | Smart Health
23 European startups will pitch and meet corporates, European VCs to scale up and become the future European Deeptech unicorns!
Highlights of the event
- Fundraising pitches: 23 startups selected by the consortium will pitch their business idea in front of the audience and get feedback from the board of evaluators composed of VCs, investors and corporate players.
- Business speed dating with corporate players and investors will focus on providing startups market access and financing opportunities.
- Open innovation workshops: On the 4 specific markets, qualified potential partners (startups, SMEs, corporates, researchers, and academics) will join to discuss challenges along defined value chains and be part of a general mapping session of business opportunities.
- Exhibition: Every startup has the possibility to exhibit with a booth.
- Job board: Collects job offers from Europe´s most important job boards.
For the full programme and an overview of the startups who will attend, have a look here.
Register here: https://deeptech4good-stuttgart.b2match.io/
Samantha Michaux (firstname.lastname@example.org / +49 721 93519 123)
Thomas Gläßer (email@example.com / +49 7361 633 9095)
In cooperation with:
agorize, bwcon, start-up bw, VentureZphere
MY-GATEWAY AWARDS 10 STARTUPS WITH WEB SUMMIT TICKETS
MY-GATEWAY is searching for the 10 most innovative and disruptive startups to join the MY-GATEWAY delegation at this year’s Web Summit in Lisbon, Portugal from November 5th to the 8th. A committee comprised of leading startup support organisations from Romania, Slovenia and Czech Republic will select the 10 startups through specific criteria.Some of the criteria include:having a developed idea, a financial plan and being based in or having a strong interest to work in the CEE region.
Would you like to apply? Click here.
As the largest tech conference in the world, with over 70,000 attendees, 1,200 speakers and 170 countries represented, Web Summit is the perfect event to gain exposure. The affair will consist of 3 full days of keynotes, workshops, and networking opportunities. In attendance will be a vast investor ecosystem,as well as over 2,500 international media outlets.
Krisztina Tóth, Director of MY-GATEWAY, explains, “We´re trying to create connections for these startups with other major ecosystems from within and outside of Europe by introducing them to investors, accelerators and mentors. This is one of the most important parts of MY-GATEWAY…. to create connections and provide access to networks that these stakeholders have in Romania, Slovenia, and Czech Republic.”
MY-GATEWAY is an initiative created by a team of experts who are passionate about improving the startup industry in Europe, specifically in the CEE region. With the aid of Startup Europe, MY-GATEWAY is helping startups gain insight into growth opportunities, access a vast stakeholder database and be represented at major startup related events. Additionally, this project will contribute to the expansion of Startup Europe to the Balkan region as well. This will be done through collaboration with leading startup support organisations in Serbia, Macedonia and Bosnia by analyzing how to adapt to the needs of the Balkan ecosystems.
“The driving force behind MY-GATEWAY is to make them connected, to let them learn from each other and to come up with meaningful activities that will help them support their startups”, says Tóth.
MY-GATEWAY is an initiative of Startup Europe that aims to strengthen the capacities of high-tech start-ups and innovative SMEs in the CEE region to become better connected, gain higher market exposure, and have improved, streamlined access to funding opportunities and talents. For more information visit us at http://mygatewayproject.eu/ .
Discover our future DeepTech unicorns at DeepTech4Good#Stuttgart
I want to attract your attention to DeepTech4Good#Stuttgart – our second business event of the DeepTech4Good Acceleration Programme which will take place on November 7th 2018 in Haus der Wirtschaft, Stuttgart.
The call for applications is now open! Interested Startups can apply until 31st July on F6S: https://www.f6s.com/deeptech4goodstuttgart/apply
Background Information on the event Deeptech4Good#Stuttgart:
The event is composed of 5 main parts:
- Fundraising pitches: 5 start-ups selected by the consortium in each of the 4 categories will pitch their project in front of the audience and get feedback from the board of evaluators
- Matchmaking events with corporate players and investors will focus on providing startups market access and financing opportunities
- 4 open innovation workshops, relying on the needs of the targeted markets and on the results of the value chain analysis, will be organized to facilitate the emergence of collaboration projects between the different stakeholders
- Exhibition: every Startup has the possibility to participate in the exhibition with a booth and to present itself in this context
- Job board: collects job offers from Europe´s most important job boards
Date: November 7th
Time: 8.45am – 6pm
Venue: Haus der Wirtschaft, Willi-Bleicher-Straße 19, 70174 Stuttgart
Contact: Samantha Michaux (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Startup Europe announces its first Startup Europe ambassadors
The first Startup Europe Ambassadors group were publicly presented during Startup Europe Campfire event held in Paris on 19 March.
They represent a group of key influencers in the European startupe cosystems who will provide information and advice about the European Commission’s Startup Europe initiative.
The objective is to democratise the startup phenomenon so that every European citizen has a fair chance to become a successful entrepreneur. The ambassadors will also help startups in their growth phase to have access to all the opportunities offered at European level.
Throughout the years, European Commission’s Startup Europe initiative has become a top reference in the European startup related field, by supporting directly around 60 local ecosystems and over 750 startups to grow beyond borders. The mission of Startup Europe is to build a Startup Continent by connecting pools of talent. The initiative encourages entrepreneurship, startup creation and growth; and connects startups, investors, accelerators,corporates, universities and the media through an array of grass roots initiatives or networks.
In an ever-changing European startup ecosystem the Startup Europe initiative has designed the group of its Ambassadors to democratise the startup phenomenon so that every citizen has a fair chance to become a successful entrepreneurs wherever they are located in Europe. The role of the ambassadors is to provide information and advice about the European Commission’s Startup Europe initiative. In addition, the ambassadors will also help startups in their growth phase to have access to all the opportunities offered at European level.
The Startup Europe Ambassadors will actively contribute to the visibility of Startup Europe activities at the local level by acting as a key information point in their countries and also as connector for the local ecosystem with the other startups ecosystems across Europe. The first members of this group are the organisations who have been selected through the evaluation of proposals of European Commission’s Horizon 2020 ICT 32 call, as well as partners of European funded projects WeP UP! or OpenMaker.
The complete list of Startup Europe Ambassador is published here: http://startupeuropeclub.eu/startup-europe-ambassadors/ and you can meet them during future Startup Europe events organised in 2018:
- STARTUP OLÉ 2018 (17- 19 April, Salamanca, 2000 startupstakeholders, freeregistration),
- EUROPEAN MAKER WEEK 2018 (18-27 May, 300 makerevents in 28 countries),
- Startup Europe Summit 2018 (European Commission’s foremost technology policy conference for startups, 15 October, Sofia).
More information about future events will be published soon on the single point for startups to access all the information they need to grow and thrive, the website you’re visiting right now: http://startupeuropeclub.eu/
SEW partners up with F6S making an even cooler Startup Europe Week!
We are excited to announce that F6S, the world’s largest tech founder and startup community, has joined SEW as a partner to help strengthen the coordination of SEW events on a global scale
In 2017, SEW saw hundreds of events spread over 40+ countries, with the participation of 280+ co-organisers. Now in its 3rd edition, SEW continues to grow exponentially, with more and more people joining this powerful grassroots movement for entrepreneurs.
To manage this growth, we have partnered with F6S, another young team passionate about entrepreneurship. As the world’s largest tech founder and startup community, they have 2.35 million profiles, including over 890,000 startups and 15,000 partners.
F6S will help us streamline operations by centralising all SEW events on one platform, and offer 24/7 online support for co-organisers.
- Efficiency: All SEW events will be set-up and streamlined on the F6S platform, making it easier for co-organisers to plan and promote multiple events, and for attendees to find out what’s going on in their local area
- Support: F6S will provide 24/7 support to SEW co-organisers and attendees
- Insights: F6S will help collect and structure event information for reporting purposes
- Awareness: F6S will help SEW co-organizers individually promote their events by sending out targeted newsletters (F6S has a combined number of over 1,000,000 entrepreneurs and investors in Europe)
Keep an eye out for more news and updates on #SEW18 – this year will be our biggest yet!
Follow SEW on social media: