Open Calls to Soft-Landing Missions in October-November 2018: Silicon Valley, India, The Netherlands, Berlin and Paris
Silicon Valley, India, The Netherlands, Berlin and Paris: these are the destinations of the upcoming Missions for startups/scaleups and ecosystem builders! Applications open on F6S until 17 September. Don’t miss it!
Are you a startup/scaleup based in Europe looking to expand your business and explore new markets?
Are you an ecosystem builder, i.e. startup mentor, incubator or accelerator representative, investor, serial entrepreneur interested in discovering new startup ecosystems?
Soft-Landing is back with multiple Missions for startups and ecosystem builders. Deadline to apply: 17 September 2018
Missions for Startups and Scaleups
Soft-Landing supports startups and scaleups in the discovery of new ecosystems and business development with a 1-week Mission at a particular destination ecosystem and up to one month soft-landing support.
- Get access and connect with the destination ecosystem network
- Gain knowledge of the ecosystem’s establishment conditions, incentives, tax and legislation
- Receive mentorship on market establishment and scaleup
- Participate in local events and conferences
- Take part in a Startup Europe initiative – participation is free of charge
- Get access to tailored support, office space and other facilities (in the European ecosystems you can extend the 1-week Mission for up to 1 month)
OPEN CALLS TO STARTUPS AND SCALEUPS
> Zoetermeer, the Netherlands (15-19 October 2018)
> Berlin, Germany (22-26 October 2018)
> Paris, France (5-9 November 2018)
> Silicon Valley (12-16 November 2018)
Missions for Ecosystem Builders
Soft-Landing gives ecosystem builders the opportunity to dive in an intensive & immersive 3-5 day Mission in another startup ecosystem, to explore it and meet with other key leaders, building bridges between them.
- Gain deep knowledge of other startup ecosystems
- Learn the processes required to scale there
- Find out about the available resources for startups
- Build long-lasting relationships with local startup ecosystem leaders that support scaling
- Provide better advice to your local startups/scaleups on scaling destinations
- Break knowledge barriers and misconceptions about the foreign ecosystems
- Take part in a Startup Europe initiative – participation is free of charge and you can benefit from partial travel and accommodation expenses reimbursement
OPEN CALLS TO ECOSYSTEM BUILDERS
> Zoetermeer, the Netherlands (17-19 October 2018)
> Berlin, Germany (22-24 October 2018)
> Paris, France (5-7 November 2018)
> Silicon Valley (12-16 November 2018)
> India (November 2018 – TBC)
Previous Missions – what’s it like
- The very first Mission landed in Berlin and gathered a diversified delegation of ecosystem builders who got to explore the Berlin startup hub with support from our local partner GTEC. Take a look!
- The first Mission for startups was custom made to Fintechs and took place in the Netherlands in April. The group of entrepreneurs mingled with ecosystem builders and met key players in Zoetermeer, Amsterdam and Rotterdam, in a programme organised by Crosspring.
- In Paris, each startup had one-on-one mentoring sessions with top mentors. Apart from exploring La French Tech with support from IMT Starter – the French Soft-Landing partner, the startups and ecosystem builders got free access to VivaTech! Check it out.
- Soft-Landing and GTEC organised a second Mission in Berlin before the Summer. The group had great talks and discussions about the Berlin startup ecosystem and also went to Tech Open Air! Meet the delegation.
- Startup Division organised in June the Vilnius Blockchain Week under the Soft-Landing and Startup Lighthouse projects. Startups and ecosystem leaders got to meet blockchain rockstars from all over the world and understand what’s hot about the Lithuanian startup ecosystem. The week culminated with the first edition of the Startup Europe Block Forum. Check all the details and useful links.
Keep track of the SoftLanders
We’re growing a community of promising startups and high-level ecosystem leaders.
Calling startups to join the Industrial IoT Deep Dive Week in Berlin & Analytics in Lisbon – Applications until 31 July
Startup Lighthouse is opening up applications for two mini intensive acceleration programmes that help startups scale-up: DDW Berlin on Industrial IoT (10-13 September) & DDW Lisbon on Analytics (16-18 October).
Preliminary agendas of the Deep Dive Weeks are up on the website (http://startuplighthouse.eu/) and promise busy days, plenty of 1-on-1s with potential clients and immersion into the local communities. Know promising European startups innovating in manufacturing, IoT, analytics, machine learning, data science?
The deadline is 31 July – apply now on F6S! Travel costs are reimbursed. Check all details below.
Deep Dive in Berlin | 10-13 September
DDW Berlin – Industrial IoT: Berlin needs no introduction: the German capital records more than 40 thousand startups, and IoT is one of the key verticals. Over the past few years, over 50 corporate accelerators and other special programmes, such as Lufthansa, Metro, SAP, IBM, Viessmann, Volkswagen, Daimler and Bosch, have moved their innovation hubs to Berlin. The DDW becomes a gateway to the German industry giants and the Mittelstand (+3 million SMEs making up the fabric of the economy) looking to stay competitive through innovation and startup collaboration.
The Berlin DDW will be an action-packed program with real benefits for startups and scale-ups, including:
- Two-way Pitching: Corporates pitch startups on specific collaboration options
- Matchmaking with multipliers & corporate partners
- Industry specific Workshops
- Access to the local IoT ecosystem
Apply to DDW Berlin by 31 July on F6S: www.f6s.com/ddwberlin/apply
Deep Dive in Lisbon | 16-18 October
DDW Lisbon – Analytics: Sunny Lisbon is home to an emerging startup ecosystem steadily rising in popularity after becoming the first European Capital of Entrepreneurship in 2015 and then the new home of Web Summit in 2016. This is enabled by growing portfolio of successful companies (analytics examples: Feedzai, OutSystems, Attentive) and network of support through accelerator funding, tech incubators and newly refurbished coworking spaces popping up all over the city. Lisbon is overflowing with talent, with a strong emphasis on tech, analytics and data, being the home to Lisbon Data Science Academy and Universidade de Lisboa, number 11 for Engineering and top 50 for Computer Science in Best Global University rankings.
The highlights for DDW Lisbon include:
- Corporate innovation session with Accenture
- Among Investors: Curated 1-on-1s & pitching competition
- Workshops by Startup Lisboa, Beta-i & SRS on doing business in Portugal
- Quality networking: Coworking space tour & “A Night in the Brewery” by MUSA
DDW Lisbon is delivered by Tim Brown and the FastTrack VC team, empowering disruptive startups with seed investment, execution expertise and market experience. Here’s a preliminary agenda of #DDWLisbon.
Apply to DDW Lisbon by 31 July on F6S: www.f6s.com/ddwlisbon/apply
What’s the cost?
Participation in the programme is 100% free of charge thanks to Startup Europe and travel expenses are reimbursable up to 500€. Startups are welcome to bring 2 team members to the Deep Dive Weeks.
- Market-readiness: Must have at least functional MVP, ideally already with recurring revenue in one market.
- Fit with Deep Dive Week: Must be relevant to the topic / vertical of the Deep Dive Week being applied to.
- English proficiency: Must be able to communicate well in English, including pitching and Q&A.
- Validation: Raised 50-250k€ and/or has significant revenue / growth.
- Scalable: Strong technological component, scalable internationally.
- Relevant Traction: Significant number of users, growth of revenue or strong commercial agreements.
- Ambition: Looking to raise for a Round A+ (1 million €) or equivalent.
- Location: Priority given to startups from Germany, Ireland, Baltics and Portugal.
- Team: Balanced with both business and technical demonstrated competencies.
These criteria are indicative – high potential startups are always considered! If you have a question – drop us a message.
Previous Deep Dive Weeks
- We’ve brought travel tech and aviation startups from all over Europe to meet some of the industry super stars in Dublin. Take a look at the programme offered by DCU Ryan Academy.
- After Dublin, we were in Lithuania for a full week talking blockchain! Check out the programme organised by Startup Division and the startups we supported.
About Startup Lighthouse
Startup Lighthouse mini acceleration programmes provide a combination of sector-specific “softlanding”, acceleration and internationalization. The Deep Dive Weeks provide support and guidance from local ecosystem leaders and gives know-how & access to ecosystem resources. A Scaling Manager identifies each startup the needs and ambitions before the DDW, facilitating contacts during and after the week. Deep Dive Weeks are most beneficial for startups that are ready to scale.
Vilnius Blockchain Week: Startup Lighthouse & Soft-Landing gather blockchain startups and ecosystem builders in Lithuania
Vilnius Blockchain Week is over – what a blast! Two Startup Europe projects brought it to life: Soft-Landing and Startup Lighthouse!
The initiative brought around 40 participants to deep-dive into the city’s startup ecosystem with the main focus on understanding what part blockchain plays in it and build connections with blockchain leaders in Lithuania. (more…)
Soft-Landers meet again in Berlin – join by 14 May
Berlin is calling for European startups, scaleups and ecosystem builders (mentors, investors, incubator/accelerator representatives…) outside of Germany. Applications open until Monday, 14 May.
GTEC is hosting for a second time a #SoftLandingEU programme in Berlin, gathering delegations of startups and ecosystem builders from all over Europe on the week of Tech Open Air.
On June 18-22 we will offer participants a 4-day pass to Europe’s leading interdisciplinary technology festival plus a tour around Berlin’s startup ecosystem meeting key players, investors and innovators. Apply now – and share with your favourite entrepreneurs and passionate startup peeps!
- Connect with startups and ecosystem builders from all over Europe
- Discover the Berlin startup hub with your host GTEC – German Tech Entrepreneurship Center
- Get a free ticket to the Tech Open Air Conference (4 days)
- Join the TOA satellite events in the city
- Gather in our round tables with various experts helping startups that see Germany and Berlin as their next destination
- Benefit from soft-landing and scaling support for up to 1 month
Applications open until Monday 14 May (11:59 pm London time)
The soft-landing stay runs on 18-22 June and you can stay in Berlin and benefit from soft-landing and scaling support for up to one month. Check out the agenda prepared by GTEC.
The Mission runs on 18-20 June but you are welcome to use your free pass to TOA until the end of the conference. Check out the agenda prepared by GTEC.
Soft-Landing (www.soft-landing.eu) connects startup ecosystems and facilitates growth for European scaleups.
Take part in our 1-week missions and join the growing Soft-Landers community!