DeepTech4Good: Start-ups Coming to the Fore
It’s all in a name. Deep tech start-up is the new term for a start-up founded on the basis of a breakthrough technology or science. The start-up’s product or service often revolves around a disruptive innovation. The development cycles they are involved in are often longer and more capital-intensive than with the products found in other sectors of industry. The European Union has spotted this and is now funding a European accelerator programme called DeepTech4Good. The initiative is part of Horizon 2020, the European Union Research Framework Programme, and the aim is to help start-ups raise their market profile and become a driving force in the Internet of Things (IoT) market. Five European start-up events will be organized under the programme, each resulting in the selection of eight start-ups to receive coaching on growing their business from the project partners of DeepTech4Good. The first finalists have already been chosen at the first two events called DeepTech4Good#Paris and DeepTech4Good#Stuttgart. DeepTech4Good#Stuttgart was organized by the project partners, S2i and Photonics BW.
DeepTech4Good is being coordinated by Cluster Systematic. Under the initiative, eight partners from Germany, France, Austria, and Spain will receive approximately €1.5 million from the EU and will be charged with acting as official EU ambassadors for the Startup Europe initiative. Based on a vision that deep tech is good for society, the program focuses closely on four IoT sectors: Smart Cities, Smart Mobility (modern travel solutions), Industry 4.0, and Health & Well-being. In total, 200 high-potential start-ups from four European hubs will be helped to forge networks with relevant stakeholders with the aim of initiating innovation projects. This should make it easier for them to access funding and gain further support in raising their profile. One of the overarching aims of the programme is to network and connect up hubs within Europe.
Eight start-ups receive awards at the pitch in Stuttgart
The DeepTech4Good#Stuttgart event in late 2018 was an opportunity for 23 young European enterprises to make a 5-minute pitch and inspire investors with their ideas. Eight winners were chosen after winning over the jury: Adlatus Robotics, AScon Systems, HD Vision Systems, INERATEC, skinmade, and vialytics (all from Germany), Mobility Work from France, and EET from Austria. The winners are now eligible to receive personal coaching and may progress to the accelerator programme. Gaining access to a Europe-wide network and receiving input from experts will help the start-ups scale up their business and provide welcome support with innovation initiatives – ideal prerequisites for evolving into future deep tech unicorns in Europe.
The role of Baden-Wuerttemberg as a start-up hub
“Deep tech start-ups will increase in significance for Baden-Wuerttemberg in the coming years. It’s particularly important to recognize and promote the scale-up potential. Events like DeepTech4Good#Stuttgart make a crucial contribution in this respect. With powerful sponsors like bwcon, Start-up BW, Agorize, VentureZphere, the Stuttgart stock exchange, and the StartupEurope initiative organized by the European Commission, the event provides an ideal network and it’s sponsors like these that will secure Baden-Wuerttemberg’s position as a future hub for start-ups,” says Dr. Petra Püchner, Commissioner for Europe of the Minister of Economic Affairs, Labour, and Housing Baden-Wuerttemberg, summarizing the exceptional importance of the event. “This support already starts on the doorstep at our events. For example, the start-ups receive specific training on the best way to sell themselves and different ways to network and embark on a collaboration with partners from industry,” adds Samantha Michaux, who as a project manager and Startup Europe Ambassador at S2i is responsible for supervising the project.
The next DeepTech4Good Business Event will take place in Graz in Austria on March 26, 2019.
Contact: Samantha Michaux, email@example.com
Next call for Applications open now: #DeepTech4Good Graz
The 3rd event of the DeepTech4Good Acceleration Programme is coming soon!
Get ready to conquer Europe and apply for the next event of the DT4G Acceleration Programme
You are a high-potential startup, go in search of funding and be one of the programme’s winning startups.
Date and venue: 26th of March, 2019. Messecongress Graz, Messeplatz 1, 8010 Graz – Austria.
Categories: Smart City, Smart Mobility, Smart Health & Well-being, Industry 4.0
Discover the programme details:
DeepTech4Good (DT4G) is an Acceleration Programme, financed under the Horizon 2020 framework, committed to help DeepTech Startups accelerate their development and scale up at European level.
DT4G is led by 4 innovation hubs from Germany, France, Austria and Spain, working together to identify high potential DeepTech Startups.
The DT4G Programme aims to support European DeepTech Startups to:
- Accelerate growth
- Cooperate with major European corporates
- Raise funds from European investors
- Attract public funding for their innovation and R&D projects
- Attract talents, reinforce their skills and strategy
- Get higher visibility
Become one of the finalists of the DeepTech4good events:
- Pitch your project, meet European VCs and attract private funding
- Meet corporate players and create business opportunities
- Participate to collaborative projects emergence and attract public funding for innovation and R&D projects
- Participate to the DT4G Programme, if you are among the 4 final winners
Silicon Alps Cluster GmbH
Mobile: +43 664 3437753
Registration for DeepTech4Good#Stuttgart now open!
Join this unique day dedicated to Deeptech and meet high potential startups on 4 markets:
Smart City | Smart Mobility | Industry 4.0 | Smart Health
23 European startups will pitch and meet corporates, European VCs to scale up and become the future European Deeptech unicorns!
Highlights of the event
- Fundraising pitches: 23 startups selected by the consortium will pitch their business idea in front of the audience and get feedback from the board of evaluators composed of VCs, investors and corporate players.
- Business speed dating with corporate players and investors will focus on providing startups market access and financing opportunities.
- Open innovation workshops: On the 4 specific markets, qualified potential partners (startups, SMEs, corporates, researchers, and academics) will join to discuss challenges along defined value chains and be part of a general mapping session of business opportunities.
- Exhibition: Every startup has the possibility to exhibit with a booth.
- Job board: Collects job offers from Europe´s most important job boards.
For the full programme and an overview of the startups who will attend, have a look here.
Register here: https://deeptech4good-stuttgart.b2match.io/
Samantha Michaux (firstname.lastname@example.org / +49 721 93519 123)
Thomas Gläßer (email@example.com / +49 7361 633 9095)
In cooperation with:
agorize, bwcon, start-up bw, VentureZphere
Discover our future DeepTech unicorns at DeepTech4Good#Stuttgart
I want to attract your attention to DeepTech4Good#Stuttgart – our second business event of the DeepTech4Good Acceleration Programme which will take place on November 7th 2018 in Haus der Wirtschaft, Stuttgart.
The call for applications is now open! Interested Startups can apply until 31st July on F6S: https://www.f6s.com/deeptech4goodstuttgart/apply
Background Information on the event Deeptech4Good#Stuttgart:
The event is composed of 5 main parts:
- Fundraising pitches: 5 start-ups selected by the consortium in each of the 4 categories will pitch their project in front of the audience and get feedback from the board of evaluators
- Matchmaking events with corporate players and investors will focus on providing startups market access and financing opportunities
- 4 open innovation workshops, relying on the needs of the targeted markets and on the results of the value chain analysis, will be organized to facilitate the emergence of collaboration projects between the different stakeholders
- Exhibition: every Startup has the possibility to participate in the exhibition with a booth and to present itself in this context
- Job board: collects job offers from Europe´s most important job boards
Date: November 7th
Time: 8.45am – 6pm
Venue: Haus der Wirtschaft, Willi-Bleicher-Straße 19, 70174 Stuttgart
Contact: Samantha Michaux (firstname.lastname@example.org)